Our 4 – 2 victory over Rochester yesterday evening was our 7th league win on the spin. Rochester have had a rough time of it so far this season, but we all know that when a club has a management change then normally there will be a reaction.

Fortunately enough we came out the blocks all guns blazing and set our standard on the game and set about breaking down Rochester. The first 15 minutes went by with a few half chances coming our way, but when Walker and Farrell worked the ball well down the right, it fell Atkins who finished into the bottom corner of the net from the edge of the box.

We continued playing great football on a slick surface, making the Rochester team work hard to keep their shape. Farrell was lively all evening and Walker who was occupying the other wing was working hard to keep up with the quality of Farrell.

The second goal of the night came from a Branco corner, the out swinging ball was met by Atkins who claimed he headed the ball home but the action replay showed it came off his nose. As with Saturday we sat at 2 – 0 and looking like we was in cruise control.

Rochester though were given a gift on 34 minutes, a under hit ball from keeper I’Anson fell to the forward, he squared the ball across the box and it was finished with power. This gave Rochester a lift as we took our time to regain composure.

The 2 goal lead was restored though before half time. A long ball forward from Branco was unfortunately headed ino the path of Atkins by the Rochester full back, Atkins was through one on one and in his rich vein of form he slid the ball beyond the keeper for a perfect first half hat-trick (if you give the nose as a header).

Rochester were given another lifeline when a cheap looking penalty was given 5 minutes into the half which was tucked away nicely. This time though we composed quickly and went to work to restore our 2 goal lead again.

At times we played some unstoppable football and when a blocked shot flew up into the air Benner reacted quickest to beat the keeper, his header looped out to Humphris who placed a header back towards goal, lobbing the keeper in the process.

4 – 2, 3 points, 7 wins in a row in the league, another Atkins hat-trick and a team full of confidence.

We are at home again on Saturday against Croydon FC.