Last night we fell to our 3rd straight league defeat, in a game where we should have gone on and kept all 3 points in BR3. The starting line up welcomed ┬ánew faces in the way of Eamon Payne a central defender whose previous clubs include Clapton, Sam I’Anson making his first league start in goal and tricky winger James Fray on the bench.

The opening exchanges were nip and tuck, both sides moving the ball well on a slippery Eden Park surface. Not many chances were created with both teams trying to get a grip on the game. That was until Humphries and Farrell worked together down the right hand side tight to the byline, Humphries hit a fizzing low ball into the area where Harry Ottaway (left) was on hand to tuck the ball underneath the Crows Keeper.

We started to create more and more chances, Jos firing a curling effort just wide of the goal. On the 31st minute we went 2 – 0 after a great passing move which saw Farrell unselfishly squared the ball to an open Ottaway, he took a couple of touches to get the ball out of his feet then again tucked under the on rushing keeper.

The first half was very pleasing to watch as a Becks fan as we carried our lead into the break.


After the break and into the second half, things took a turn for the worse. First up we gave away a cheap but very questionable freekick on the edge of the box, the freekick founds its way around the wall and through I’Anson in our goal. 2 -1 and now the Crows were back in the game. We lost our way for a few moments while we come to terms with the Crows start. Another individual error then cost us our lead, an under hit back pass was capitalised but the Crows winger, he beat I’Anson to the ball and stayed cool under pressure to bring the scores level.

We worked out way back into the game, but the final ball was lacking and clear cut chances were lacking but again there was an even more questionable referring decision, Farrell had burst into the box taking the ball beyond the defender, as he passes the defender slides in a takes away Farrells legs and to the amazement of the 100+ crowd the referee waved play on. This decision proved costly as the Crows kept coming forward and the pressure finally told, when they scored their 3rd of the night from close range.

All in all a disappointing night for the Becks, as with Saturday’s defeat to Bearsted we were in control of the game in the first 45 minutes this time scoring 2 goals, yet the 2nd 45 minutes we have ended up on the wrong end of the scoreline.

We now move onto the FA Vase on Saturday when we host Bridon Ropes, we will be looking to progress into the next round and have more goals and victory to celebrate.


Come on you Becks